Add subtitles to your youtube video no SRT file is needed.
As the most popular video streaming platform in the world, YouTube is one of the most convenient ways to host video content. Whether you’re a full-time content creator, hobbyist, or working professional, it’s the easiest way to share your videos with friends and family, work colleagues, or the world at large.
Regardless of what your purpose is, transcribing and subtitling your videos can be extremely useful. Through transcriptions, you can have a written record of your content which can be used for a variety of purposes. And, subtitles are crucial for making your videos more accessible, such as for the hearing impaired or other language users.
Having an intelligent, automated, and reliable transcribing tool like Scriptme.io can be a lifesaver to take your video and audio content to the next level.
How to transcribe and subtitle your videos:
- Once you’re logged into your Scriptme.io account, you’ll see the dashboard below. From here, click the “Upload file” button to start the process:
- That will open up the File Upload pop-up windows. You can either click “Browse file” to search for the video you want to transcribe using your File Explorer or you can drag and drop the file straight from your computer into the upload area:
- You’ll then see the file you intend to upload listed in the window. Before you click “Finish,” make sure that it’s the correct file and that you have the appropriate “Original Language” and “Action” selected. In this case, we want to generate a “Transcription” of the video first:
- This will kick off the upload and transcription process. You can keep track of the progress by looking at the “Actions” column in the dashboard:
When the upload and transcription process is completed, you’ll see a “See transcription” button ( by the way, Scriptme will send you an email when it’s ready). Click this button to view the transcription of your video:
That will take you through to the Transcription Edit page where you can edit and adjust the settings of your transcription. We’ve prepared a guide on how you can use this page here.
- You can also generate subtitles from your transcription on this page. To do that, simply click the “Convert to subtitles” button:
- Before converting your transcription into subtitles, you’ll be asked to confirm a couple of settings. The defaults are already based on best practices, but you can change them if you wish. Click “Convert” to proceed:
Give Scriptme.io a bit of time to complete your subtitles. Then, you’ll be taken through to the Subtitle Edit Page. Once again, we’ve prepared a guide for you with step-by-step instructions on how to use this to customize your subtitles.
You can also style your subtitles, and burn the subtitles on video and download it, see here for more info.
- From here, we can proceed to export a video of your recording with the subtitles burned in. To do this, just click the “Export” button:
- You’ll see two “Export” buttons in the window. First, we’ll export the video file with embedded subtitles. To do that, click the first “Export” button:
- Scriptme will now process your video by adding the embedded subtitles.
If you don’t want to wait for it to finish you can leave the page and you will get an email when your video is ready for download.
- Here, you can preview the video with the subtitles one last time before downloading it to your computer. When you’re ready, click the “Download” button to start the download:
- Now log in to your YouTube account. Click the video recorder icon in the top right corner and then click “Upload video” from the dropdown:
- Here, you can drag and drop the file into the upload area or click the “SELECT FILES” button to search for it using the file explorer, just like in Scriptme:
- Next, you’ll be taken through the YouTube upload wizard to adjust some final settings before uploading and publishing your video. You can continue through the steps by clicking “Next” in the bottom right corner:
- Wait a few moments for YouTube to upload your video. Once it’s done, you’ll be able to watch and share your video with embedded subtitles on the YouTube platform:
So, now you know just how quick and easy it is to transcribe and subtitle your videos using Scriptme.io. By eliminating the need to manually record your own transcripts and subtitles, it will drastically reduce the time and effort involved to publish your video online for all to enjoy.