How to Export a Transcription in Word Format Using Scriptme.io
Learn how to export your transcriptions in Microsoft Word format using the Scriptme.io edit page.
Scriptme.io conveniently lets you instantly convert and export your transcriptions as a Microsoft Word document. This allows you to easily continue to edit your transcription offline or share it with friends or colleagues.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to export a transcription in the Word format:
- Register for a Scriptme.io account or log in if you already have one.
- You’ll see a list of all your video transcriptions in your personal Scriptme.io dashboard. Browse for the video you want to export and click the “See transcription” button:
If you don’t know how to transcribe an audio/video file please click here.
That will take you to the ScriptMe edit page. This is where you can make changes to your transcription, such as editing and formatting the text, playing the audio or video, and converting/exporting transcriptions in different formats.
- From here, find the “Export” button in the top right corner and click it:
- You will see a popup with all the options for exporting a transcription. Open up the Format dropdown and select Microsoft Word (.docx):
- Before you export the Word file, review the available settings. You can individually toggle whether to keep timestamps, speakers, and highlights in the Word file or remove them:
Here is an example of the transcription in Microsoft Word format with timestamps and speakers included:
- Double-check the settings and then click “Export” to export the transcription as a Word file:
Congratulations! You now have an editable Microsoft Word document with all the contents of your video transcription. You can now freely make further changes within the Word editor or share it with others.