How to Transcribe Video in 5 Easy Steps – Scriptme.io
Scriptme.io makes transcribing your video content a breeze. In this guide, we’ll show you just how easy it is to transcribe your first video using our tool in 5 simple steps.
How to transcribe your first video:
Immediately after logging in, ScriptMe will take you straight to your video transcription dashboard.
Upload your file
Click on the “Upload File” button in your dashboard
This will open up a window that you can use to upload files to Scriptme.io. Before we get into the rest of the guide, let’s go over some useful tips to help you get the best results:
- Upload the highest-quality audio of the clip you can.
- We recommend uploading videos with 320×180 resolution and a bitrate of 200kbps.
- We accept a maximum file size of 2 GB. If you have a larger file, you’ll need to split it into parts under this limit.
(We will remind you of all these tips in the upload window)
- You can upload a file to Scriptme.io for transcription in two different ways:
- Find the file on your computer and simply drag and drop it onto the file upload window:
- Click on “Browse file,” search for the file in your file explorer, select the file, and click “Open”:
Either way, you’ll see the file you chose listed in the window (pictured below).
Pick your language
Next, select the correct options from the “Language” and “Action” dropdowns.
Then, click the “Finish” button to complete the upload and start transcribing the video/audio file:
Scriptme.io will keep updating you on the progress of your transcription in the dashboard.
The first two stages will be “Uploading” and “Preparing”:
The final stage is “Transcribing” your audio/video file:
When the transcription is completed, you’ll see a “See transcription” button under “Actions”.
You’ll also be notified by email, so you can step away and make a cup of coffee while you wait:
See your transcription
When the transcription is finished, you can see the result by clicking the “See Transcription” button next to the file:
You can see the full transcription below and start editing, adding comments, and creating timestamps:
And, voila! You just completed your first transcription using Sciptme.io.
If you haven’t joined yet, you can create an account, get a 15-minute free trial, and transcribe your first video within minutes.